By George A. Boyd © 2023
Q: When karmic darkening occurs in the Subtle or Planetary Realm, does this darkening always appear in front of the Soul?
A: In cases where the ensouling entity is not moved down on its spiritual evolutionary track, karmic darkening in the Subtle and Planetary Realms commonly appears in front of the Soul Spark or Soul as a curtain of darkness that veils this ensouling entity. However, we also find this veil appearing at other levels:
- The veil between the brain and the ego – this type of veil appears in those will intellectual deficits or dementia. This is a diminution of the capacity to reason and/or remember.
- The veil between the ego and the conscience – this veil occurs in those who suppress the voice of the conscience, and act to achieve their desires—through any mean, fair or foul—regardless of the harmful effects on other people or the world around them. This veil is common in those who have antisocial and narcissistic personality disorders.
- The veil over the Self – this veil arises in those who have experienced a severe trauma, and they can no longer know who they genuinely are. This loss of self leaves these individuals without the ability to discern their options, to set goals and make plans, to think objectively, and to know their values and what they stand for—they feel inauthentic and lost. Some of those with borderline personality disorder may experience this loss of self.
- The veil over the thread of consciousness – this veil blocks attention from moving beyond a certain focal point on the thread of consciousness. Attention experiences an inner block or barrier that it cannot move beyond. This type of veil can stem from traumatic experiences associated with meditation or frightening or upsetting religious experiences. When this type of trauma exists, attentional movement beyond a certain level brings up emotions of fear, dread, or overwhelm.
- The veil over the Moon Soul nucleus of identity – this veil is found in individuals who carry out adharmic or sinful actions in rebellion against their Soul Purpose or the Will of God. This is the type of sin that clergy of Judaism and Christianity seek to address through rites for absolution, repentance, and forgiveness of sins.
- The veil over the thalamic center of the Soul’s essential vehicle – this veil may block the intuitive stream, the love stream, or the transpersonal will stream that flows out of the thalamic center of the Soul’s essential vehicle. Blockage of the intuitive stream hinders the ability to access the Soul’s intuition, wisdom, and guidance. Obstruction of the love stream may result in the inability to feel love for self and others. Inability to access the transpersonal will stream may hinder expression of the Soul’s genius and gifts through the personality, so that the individual can only express the talents of the Metaconscious mind.
- The veil over the Soul – this is the most common type, which locks individuals in identity states separate from the Soul Spark or Soul. When this veil is dissolved, the Soul Spark or Souk is revealed behind this curtain of darkness—once this veil is removed, the ensouling entity can begin to move forward on its Path.
There are specific methods that may help you break up or move beyond these veils:
For (3), the veil over the Self, using the Centering Techniques—which we teach in our intermediate meditation courses, the in-person Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation and the by-mail and online Accelerated Meditation Program—may allow some individuals to rediscover their Self, and work directly with the trauma that is creating the sense of separation.
For (4), the veil over the thread of consciousness, methods that explore trauma and release them—which we also teach in our intermediate classes—may assist some individuals to move through barriers on this attentional pathway. Learning Raja Yoga, moreover—also taught in our intermediate classes—also trains the attention to move beyond the sticking point.
For (6), the veil over the channels of the thalamic center of the Soul’s essential vehicle, the attunements given in the Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation may aid some individuals in reopening and regaining a connection with the ensouling entity. The Jnana Yoga attunement re-activates the intuitive channel. The Agni Yoga attunement can permit some individuals to reconnect with the unconditional love of their Soul. The Kundalini Yoga attunement may enable some individuals to reconnect with the powers of their Superconscious mind, and be able to again express them.
For (7), the veil over the Soul, using the transformational mantra keyed to the cutting edge of spirituality that is revealed in our intermediate classes specifically burns away this veil when it is present, and allows the ensouling entity to move forward on its spiritual evolutionary track.
Some of these veils can be opened through specific meditation techniques and attunements. We encourage you to identify at which levels you might be experiencing these veils. Through studying what are the karmic issues encoded in the veil, you may find the means to begin to ameliorate its impact in your life—and with further inner work, you even can remove it completely.