What Is the Light?
To enhance the meditation experience of students, some spiritual teachers transmit what Swami Prem Dayal referred to as “the Grace Bestowing Power of the Divine.”
This fiery energy has been called the Holy Spirit, Shakti, Baraka, the Light of Translation, or simply, the Light.
The Light confers Initiation, the unfolding of the meditation student’s spiritual potentials. The spiritual Master meditates upon us, and sends us a beam or ray of the Light, which opens us, enlivens us, and illumines us.
Aspects of the Light
This Ray of Transmuting Fire appears to us in meditation in several ways:
- Light – we visually perceive this energy coming into us in meditation as an influx of brilliant white light. At times, this white fire will break into scintillating beams of colored light, and our inner vision is flooded with radiant, pastel hues.
- Life – this powerful energy is vibrant with atoms of life force, or lifetrons. Meditators who receive this Light report accelerated healing from imbibing this elixir of living fire.
- Love – the Light conveys the omnific force of Divine Love, bathing us and infilling us with the gracious unction of the Holy Spirit.
- Wisdom – the thought force of the Illumined Mind, or Buddhi, floods our inner vehicles with intuitive knowledge, a downpour of ideas and inspirations. We are led to discern our spiritual essence and to realize our Soul.
- Purification – the Fire of the Spirit transmutes karma, burning it out of our vehicles and cleansing the vaults of the unconscious mind.
- Empowerment – the Master sends an attunement, a ray of the Light to the attentional principle of others. They in turn minister this Light to others.
- Initiation – the Spirit unfolds the spiritual potentials of the meditator’s ensouling entity, opens the path of the spirit, and attunes the inner vehicles to a new vibratory state.
George giving a Light Sitting in October 2006
The Revival of the Light Sitting
After a hiatus of 14 years, George resumed giving Light Sittings in late 2000. In 2011, he began offering them on-line.
His core meditation students come to these twice monthly immersions in the Grace Bestowing Power of the Divine to renew themselves and quicken the pace of their spiritual evolution.
Our modern on-line Light Sittings—in addition to receiving the downpour of the Light—includes satsang, the inspired teaching of the Guide; and attunement meditation, radiating the Light to others throughout the world.
Those who are in Los Angeles have the opportunity to attend a weekly, silent Light Sitting, which is simply sitting in the silence and receiving the downpour of the Light. Afterwards, there is time for sharing, and questions and answers.