What Is the Introduction to Meditation course?
The Introduction Meditation Program (ITM) is a program developed for those who
(a) Have not meditated before
(b) Have limited experience meditating, or the depth of their meditation has not gone out of the Conscious mind
(c) Have had difficulty understanding what meditation is and how to do it
(d) May have had frustrating experiences in the past trying to meditate
We plan to make the ITM available as an on-line program that anyone can take, wherever they are in the world.
We also have teachers in training, who will offer this course in an individual and group format, as an in-person course. These teachers are among our most experienced and advanced students, who will assist you to successfully learn meditation, and to prepare yourself for the more advanced practices.
Just like our foundation courses, MMCIM and AMP, are available as an in-person format and a self-study format, ITM will also be available in both formats.
What Will I Get from this Course?
- You will learn the rudiments of meditation, which will be an excellent preparation for additional courses with Mudrashram®—or any other system of meditation you may choose to study
- You will learn to recognize the structures within your mind, which will enable you to enhance your ability to control and focus your attention
- You will gain greater confidence in your ability to meditate
When Do I Need this Course?
- If you have never meditated before, ITM is an excellent place to start
- If you have had problems settling down or focusing in meditation, ITM provides the structure to allow you to be successful
- If you do not feel confident enough in your current ability to meditate and visualize the contents of awareness, ITM will take you step-by-step through the levels of your mind
In What Formats is the ITM delivered?
The Introduction to Meditation Program is available on-line, with videos and notes, so you can do it as a self-study course. It is also available as an Individual and group coaching program, where you will meet with a trained teacher in your area or over the Internet, and do the course with additional support.
What Does the ITM Include?
The ITM has 26 modules. Among the topics and techniques you will learn include:
- The Conscious Mind
- Body Scan – Meditation for the Waking State
- Awareness of Movement in the Present Time – Sitting and Movement Mediation
- Awareness of the senses – Sensory Acuity Exercise
- Awareness of Deep Body Sensations – Physical Vipassana
- Awareness of Feelings – Emotional Vipassana
- Awareness of Thoughts – Mental Vipassana
- Awareness of the Ego – I AM statement Vipassana
- Awareness of the Preconscious – Monitoring Impressions Arising from the Subconscious Mind
- The Subconscious Mind
- Exploring the Zone of Memory and the Personal Unconscious – The Time Travel Meditation
- Chakras of the Subconscious Mind – Boyd’s Detailed Model of the Chakras
- Meditation on the Chakras of the Subconscious Mind
- The Metaconscious Mind
- Meditation on the Desire Body
- Meditation on the Persona
- Meditation on the Conscience
- An Introduction to Introspection
- Meditation on the Concrete Mind
- A Goal Identification and Goal Setting Exercise
- Meditation on the Personal Intuition
- The Polling Technique
- Meditation on the Self – Introduction to Centering Techniques
- Reflection and Disidentification – Developing Discrimination and Detachment
- Reposing in Being Meditation
- Introduction to the Superconscious Mind and Meditation on the Soul
- Meditation on Inner Vehicles
- Introduction to the Soul’s Essential Body
- The Essence Breath
- Meditation on the Soul’s Essential Vehicles
- Introduction to Jnana Yoga – The Yoga of Intuitive Discernment
- The Seven Chords of Jnana Yoga
- Introduction to Reflective Meditation – The Little Sun Method
- Getting Guidance from the Soul – Introduction to Receptive Meditation
- The Cord of Remembrance Method of Learning Receptive Meditation
- Learning to Manifest Your Intention – Introduction to Creative Meditation
- The Soul Creation Method of Creative Meditation
- Next Steps
- Addendum (contains additional articles)
- A Glossary of Meditation Terms
|The ITM is available||On-line
(Self Study format)
|In person or video
(distance learning format)
with a coach