By George A. Boyd ©2023
Q: How does the Soul overshadow our life and personality?
A: The Soul has seven channels through which it interfaces with the personality and with the second, third, and fourth Poles of Being:
- Ray to the Self – this appears as direction to the will
- Ray to the ego – this takes the form of comforting and calming the ego’s worry, sadness, and fear
- Ray to issues in the unconscious mind – this reprograms and works out karmic issues that affect personal and spiritual growth
- Ray to the attentional principle – present in Initiates, this gives the ability to guide the attentional principle on the inner Planes and send the Light that the attentional principle can minister to others (Dhana). This operates on the fourth Pole of Being.
- Ray to the present time on the Akashic Records Subplane – this injects the Soul’s intention into human life
- Ray to the spirit – present in Initiates, this gives the ability to manifest a guide form to the spirit and teach it. This operates on the second Pole of Being.
- Ray to the Kundalini – present in Initiates, this gives the ability to awaken the Kundalini in Self and others. This operates on the third Pole of Being.
As the Soul begins to awaken aspects of its Purpose, it begins to overshadow the Self and the ego. At a higher station on the Path, it can minister on the second, third, and fourth Poles of Being.
Typically, these abilities to interface with these different aspects dawn at discrete levels of the Soul’s spiritual evolutionary journey:
The Ray to the Self (1) usually awakens during the Third Planetary Initiation, but in a few rare individuals, it may occur as early as the First Mesoteric Initiation—in a more limited way than when it dawns in the Third Planetary Initiation.
The Ray to the ego (2) normally opens when the Soul enters the First Exoteric Initiation, where it gains the ability to invoke the Holy Spirit. Those in the Psychic Realm and Wisdom Plane can begin to make attunements with the ego through radiative healing modalities and using evocative meditation techniques and prayer, but this does not directly draw down the Holy Spirit, as those in the First Initiation are able to do.
The Ray to the issues in the unconscious mind (3) begins to activate when the Soul reaches the Dynamic Creation Subplane of the Abstract Mind Plane. This work with these issues is commonly done using techniques like tapping, hypnosis, affirmation, or process meditation.
The Ray to the attentional principle (4) dawns in the Mudrashram® tradition, once the Form of the Disciple is empowered on the Bridge Path. Those who are Initiates in other traditions may also give this attunement—Adept Masters, Yogi Preceptors, Cosmic Masters, certain Gurus on Supracosmic Paths, and Initiates on the Bridge Path can work on this fourth Pole of Being.
The Ray to the Wave of the Present Time (5) first appears when the Soul moves onto the Akashic Records Subplane, when the Soul’s intuitive and volitional streams begin to interface with human life. The ability to make this attunement is significantly enhanced as the Soul moves into the Dynamic Creation Subplane and the Universal Mind Subplane of the Abstract Mind Plane, and the Materialization and Dematerialization Subplane of the Psychic Realm.
The Ray to the spirit (6) arises in the Mudrashram® tradition, once the Form of the Disciple is empowered on the Bridge Path. Those who are Initiates in other traditions may also give this attunement—Light Masters of the Second Cosmic Initiation, Gurus of selected Supracosmic Paths, and Sat Gurus of the eight Transcendental Paths can minister to the spirit and guide it on the second Pole of Being.
The Ray to Kundalini (4) begins in the Mudrashram® tradition, once the Form of the Disciple is empowered on the Bridge Path. Those who are Initiates in other traditions may also give this attunement—Ascended Masters, Adept Masters, Yogi Preceptors, Cosmic Masters, Supracosmic Gurus, and Initiates on the Bridge Path can work on this third Pole of Being to raise this energy of awareness.
The emergence of these Rays grants you new abilities:
- When the Ray to the Self starts to operate, the Soul can lead the personality to carry out its Soul Purpose.
- Once the Ray to the ego is established, you can begin to self-soothe, to calm yourself down, and to pacify upsets.
- Activation of the Ray to the unconscious mind allows you to work on the issues in your unconscious mind and resolve them.
- Access to the Ray to the attentional principle lets you to act as a guide to the attention and the attentional principle on the inner Planes.
- Turning on the Ray to the Wave of the Present Time enables you to manifest the Soul’s volition into your human life, and you can begin to design your life through the Soul’s guidance and direction.
- Switching on the Ray to the spirit permits you to guide the spirit, as it opens the channels of the Nada.
- Becoming empowered to awaken the Kundalini bestows on you the ability to open awareness into a spiritual essence—to a selected nucleus of identity or an ensouling entity—and to purify and animate your vehicles of consciousness of the Subconscious, Metaconscious, and Superconscious mind.
Realize that these Rays from the Soul do not all develop at the same time; they arise at different stages of the Path:
- Someone in the Psychic Realm can utilize the Ray to the issues in the unconscious mind and the Ray to the Wave of the Present Time.
- Those that reach the form of the Saint in the First Mesoteric Initiation add the ability to send the Ray to the ego.
- Those that evolve into the Third Planetary Initiation additionally gain the ability to directly overshadow and guide the Self.
- Those who rise to the state of Mastery in their spiritual traditions—depending on which spiritual Pole they operate—may gain the ability to make attunements with the attentional principle and/or the spirit, and/or raise the Kundalini into the nucleus of identity or ensouling entity that dwells on their Path.
We encourage you to study these seven different Rays that come from the ensouling entity, and notice which ones are currently active in you. Those who elect to embark on the Teaching Empowerment track in our spiritual tradition and become empowered can make attunements with all four Poles of Being—not only with the spirit, the vehicles of the Superconscious mind, and the attentional principle, but they can also directly minister to the ensouling entity on the first Pole of Being. We train and empower our advanced meditation students to do this in our Teacher Training One.