By George A. Boyd ©2022
Q: Why am I having problems knowing my Soul Purpose?
A: Genuine knowledge of your Soul Purpose only truly comes when you experience a re-integration around the Soul. There are seven steps to this maturation process:
- You are only aware of the ego
- You are aware of the ego, plus you interact with elements of your lower unconscious or Shadow
- You are aware of the ego, plus you experience that your conscience criticizes and corrects your ego’s behavior, words, and beliefs—this appears to be the stage where the inner critic emerges
- You activate the Self, which begins to overrule the ego’s octave of desire-driven behavioral will and instead implements a goal-directed behavioral plan
- You are aware of the Self, plus you begin to interact with archetypal elements of the middle unconscious—the zone of your unrealized personal potential—and the higher unconscious, where you interface and dialog with elements of the Superconscious mind
- You experience inner awakening of your immortal spiritual principles—the attentional principle, the spirit, and your ensouling entity
- You connect with the Soul, and it begins to direct the Self and the ego to carry out its Soul Purpose
You can begin to accurately discern your Soul Purpose at levels 6 and 7:
At levels 1 to 4, there is no awareness of Soul Purpose.
At level 5, revelation and intuition intimate elements of your Soul Purpose, but you may not understand the cryptic or symbolic communication that arises from this level. As a result, you may experience distortion of what your Soul is trying to show you.
At level 6, when you awaken your attentional principle and spirit, you can begin to commune with the Soul and get its direct guidance. Jnana Yoga methods like Reflective and Receptive Meditation allow you to directly connect with the Soul and receive guidance from it.
Level 7 typically dawns when the Soul ascends to its Crown of Purpose, which for many people, occurs when their Soul takes the Third Planetary Initiation. At this level, the Soul enacts its purpose through your personality, and is actively guiding you about what you need to do.
A Transpersonal psychotherapy, Psychosynthesis, has methods to progressively lead people from level 2 to 5 through a gradual integration process. This ultimately results in a re-integration around the Soul.
In Mudrashram®, we teach Centering Methods to activate levels 4 and 5, and the Rainbow Technique to work with elements of the unconscious mind. For level 6, we train you in the Awakening Meditation coupled with Mantra Yoga, Nada Yoga, and Raja Yoga to activate your immortal spiritual principles. We give you a transformational mantra to bring your Soul to the level of the crown of purpose, which enables your Soul to begin to directly your personality and carry out its Soul Purpose—and move beyond into yet higher octaves of spiritual development.