By George A. Boyd © 2021
Focal awareness means your attention is fully focused upon an immortal essence of consciousness—attentional principle, spirit, or ensouling entity. Seven stages mark the attainment of focal awareness:
- Nescience – you don’t know the essence exists and you don’t know what and where it is
- Conceptual knowledge – you learn about the essence, so you know it exists, but you don’t know what and where it is
- Map – you are given a description of the place you find the essence, but you are unable to go there and merge with it.
- Remembrance – you locate the essence along the thread of consciousness and you acquire it as a meditation target.
- Traveling to it – you move your attention along the thread of consciousness until you come into its presence and you mentally touch it and feel it
- Union – you use micro concentration to merge into the essence at its brain center and look out from its perspective
- Fusion – you become one with the essence so observer and observed become one. You are the attentional principle, spirit, or ensouling entity and experience what it experiences.
How do you learn focal awareness?
To gain focal awareness, you need to enter stages six and seven.
You achieve stages two and three by reading our articles and books.
In our intermediate meditation classes—the in-person Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation and the by-mail and online Accelerated Meditation Program—you learn to remember the essence and move your attention into its presence, which enable you to reach stages four and five.
In our advanced meditation class, the Mudrashram® Advanced Course in Meditation, you learn about the fine points of gaining union and fusion, which help you experience stages six and seven.
Focal awareness is key to:
- Having a depth experience of meditation
- Seeing and hearing within
- Traveling the Path in full consciousness
- Having conscious communion with your guide and Supervising Initiate
- Being able to contemplate and study your essences of consciousness, your vehicles of consciousness, and the bands of the Continuum
- Consciously carrying out Attunements and spiritual ministry
- Performing the work of transformation and experiencing the downpour, feeling your ensouling entity and its vehicles unfold, and sensing your spirit opening the channels of the Nada
If you are having difficulty achieving focal awareness, you may want to schedule a meditation consultation to learn ways to overcome your difficulties identifying and traveling to these spiritual essences, so you can shift into union and fusion. We stand ready to assist you reclaim this core meditation proficiency that will allow you to move into your next level of spiritual experience.
If you don’t know how to reach these spiritual essences and you have never taken our classes where we show you how to focus on them, we recommend that you sign up for the Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation or the Accelerated Meditation Program. If you are not sure whether that is right for you or not, schedule a spiritual discovery session with us.